Wednesday, February 01, 2006

First Socks!

I learned how to knit in November and ended up making everyone scarves for Christmas. My husband didn't want a scarf but wanted me to learn to make socks and make him some instead. So after much anticipation and frogging, they are finally done. They are heavy boot socks from a pattern that I got from my LYS. He wanted plain white and he is happy with how they turned out. The white got pretty boring after a while so I am excited to start some socks with some color!

5 comments:

knittinmom said...

Whew! That white would get boring! But the socks look very comfy. I've given you your "F" for February!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Welcome to the blog world. Great job on the socks!

lexa said...

Nice socks! Hope you have fun with the KAL!

Bitterknitter said...

Great job! Here's to a more colorful second pair!

Laura said...

WOW! Those are awesome looking socks! Welcome to KnitBlogLand. I think you will find it is a very friendly place. :)