Friday, August 24, 2007

Extreme Home Makeover: Part 1

So we've been doing some work around the house. My daughter wanted to paint her room, this is what she ended up doing to it. Very creative I must say. The walls used to be pink.



We got new furniture, this is the couch. There is a loveseat and chair that match. I love them so much. There are 5 recliners within the 3 pieces. My old furniture was 17 years old and was showing its age.


This is my kitty Mango enjoying his new couch :o)


It's also been almost as long since I've gotten new a washer and dryer so I got those too, here they are, so much better, it almost makes it fun to do laundry


We're also ripping out old flooring and putting in new. This is a picture of the bathroom after I ripped out the nasty linoleum.


And here it is after hubby laid the new tile, it's gorgeous and I love it, we still have to put the trim back on but it's basically done.


Next I'm going to touch up the paint in the living room and hallway in preparation for putting in wood floors. These will be in living, dining room, kitchen and hallway. These should be completed in a couple of weeks so stay tuned :o)
I have been doing some knitting but not as much as I'd like. Hopefully I can get some done while hubby is bow hunting this weekend. I need a FO!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys did a great job! I love the paint job!

Ruby Banshee said...

Hi Nelda! I couldn't figure out how to email you, and I can't find the note you sent me at the moment. I got my Sockapalooza 4 socks and they are perfect!!! I haven't had a chance to blog about them yet, but I took pictures today. The colorway is perfect for me, and I love getting socks in a yarn I haven't seen before. I went on vacation right after receiving the socks. My mom saw them, picked them up, and said, "Where did you get these; they're beautiful. And they are in YOUR colors!" Nelda, thank you so much. They are impeccably knit and suit my tastes perfectly! I am hoping to get a blog post up this week.
Mandy

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, home improvement is so refreshing! Everything looks amazing.

Shelly said...

Wow! Nelda, what a huge amount of work you guys have been doing. Way to go. Looks like Mango love the new couch, nice and squishy.

Annayanw said...

They know what the piano should look and sound like and they can give you great insight into the sound of a used piano and the quality it has. If you are the one, then rejoice because you are going to play piano right from now even if you never touched a keyboard before. 5) I cant overemphasize the importance of practice in learning how to play piano by ear.