Thursday, July 27, 2006

July Socks

These are my July socks. I finished these earlier this month and decided to enter them in our local county fair. I have never done this before but I thought I'd give it a shot. It turns out only two pairs of socks were entered and the judges liked the others better! They are made from Cherry Tree Hill in the Champlain Sunset colorway. The pattern is Little Shell Socks that I got from the internet.
I really like the way they turned out, even if I didn't win!!
This is a close up of the toes
This is a close up of the tops
This is them at the fair

3 comments:

Karen said...

It's a bummer you didn't win. It looks like the other pair was just a rib pattern. Lace is much more difficult. And your socks are beautiful. Are the judges at your fair knitters? I know at some fairs the judges don't know much, if anything, about knitting. don't be discouraged.

lexa said...

I like your socks better! It's a very pretty colorway. I have that pattern printed off but haven't tried it yet.

Maybe next time you'll win!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »