Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Hooked!

OK so I tried felting and it was way too fun! I made the All in One bag from the Pursenality Plus book that I got from my SP. It's made with Cascade yarn, also from my SP. Here is a picture before felting:





Here it is after felting:




The pattern calls for some fuzzy yarn around the top and bottom but I couldn't make it look right, so I left that part off for my first time. I already started another bag for my daughter and I will put the fur on it.
I didn't have any trouble with the felting process, I guess I thought it would be super hard. I did cut myself while I was shaving the bag, man that hurts. If anyone has tips on shaving after felting, that would be much appreciated!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How gorgeous! Isn't felting fun!

Nelda said...

Oh Sarah, I think you've created a monster!! I made 2 more bags since then, matching ones for my DD and her friend. I'll post pictures of that one soon. must....get...more....wool....

KnitDDS said...

Maxie!Nelda,

My friend and I are both knitting the "all in one" and as she did the needle cast on to end the handle, she was left with a piece of yarn running just above the cast on stitches for the body!!

Did yours do that? Thanx

Nelda said...

Hi, no I don't think mine did that. I'm kind of confused by what you mean.