Monday, April 02, 2007

March Socks and My Weekend

March Socks
First off, here are my march socks for the sock-a-month KAL. They are BFF socks from Cookie A. I used Knit Picks essential solid yarn that I had in my stash. I have to say I love this pattern. It's very stretchy and it's easy to remember. For Robyn's favorite pattern contest for SP10, this is it. So far this is my favorite sock pattern!



My Weekend
This weekend was the 10th Annual High Desert Wool Growers Fiber Market Day. I had such a blast! Some of my Wednesday knitting group gals met up with me down there and we did a little shopping and drooling.
These guys were there



And this cute little girl was there



These little goodies came home with me

Some Lorna's Laces and some hand dyed merino and silk from Finney Creek Farm

We all thought about becoming spinners, I don't know if I'm ready to take that plunge yet. This is Patty trying out a drop spindle


And then Jasper from Gossamer showed us a drop spindle that she made from a CD and a dowel. Now this may not be news to some of you but I had never heard of this before. Barbara (from my knitting group) and I decided that we could handle making our own and try it out. Here's Jasper showing the CD drop spindle

And I bought this to try on my new CD drop spindle (As soon as my hubby makes it for me)!!!

I'm excited at the prospect of being able to spin this into yarn but we'll see. I had such a great time, thanks to all of my knitting group buds for making it such a great time! I hope everyone in blog land had a great weekend too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw that CD drop spindle on Knitty Gritty...very cool! Love the socks!!!

SP10

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say hi! Be sure to post a pic when you get your Posy Sock sack! I saw it and I knew you had to have it!!

SP10

Nelda said...

I will definietly do that, I'm so excited to see it, she said it will be another 2 or 3 weeks. So thank you in advance but I will post formally when it comes!!

patty said...

nkn, just saw you blog. never realized I had such a pointy nose.
your blog is great and pictures are SPECIAL. see ya wednesday.
p.s. I really hate socks. I'm log
cabining now as it takes a much
shorter attention span.
thanks for all your knitting help